7 Questions to Consider When Developing the Biz Case
- Why do we need a new strategy?
- What is the strategy story?
- What numbers will articulate the need for a new strategy, both financial and non-financial (e.g., customer satisfaction rate, turnaround time and on time delivery)?
- What are the supporting arguments for selecting these numbers?
- What are the critical drivers of the change?
- What is in it for me?
- What is expected from me?
Sharing the Biz Case
Leaders preparing to share the Biz Case should adopt both the strategy story and the numbers, using both a left-brain and right-brain approach. This is because some staff members need to see the logical reasons for a new strategy (e.g., financial projections, competitor analyses and market conditions) while others relate to the strategy story and the emotional reasons to change. By addressing both groups, you are targeting the largest demographic and aiming for the highest level of engagement.
More about Biz Case
Branding the Strategy
An effective way to share the Biz Case is by giving the strategy a brand that captures its essence in an image or images plus a memorable tagline, similar to an external branding for a consumer product.
… and more
Read an article on the following topic - "Create a Sense of Urgency"